Physical Therapy Services
What is Physical Therapy Treatment?
Physical therapy is an important part of a comprehensive pain management program. Our goal is to reduce pain, improve function and improve participation in the activities you love. Our physical therapist uses a variety of techniques and strategies to reduce pain, improve strength and increase endurance. Each course of physical therapy will be individually tailored to meet each patient’s goals and optimize outcomes.
Physical therapy treatments may include:
- Manual therapy helps reduce pain and improve mobility through joint and soft tissue mobilizations.
- Dry Needling reduces pain by addressing trigger points in muscles.
- Pain Science Education helps you understand and demystify chronic pain.
- Cardiovascular conditioning improves mobility, health, and functioning. Cardiovascular exercise also helps reduce pain by releasing powerful neurotransmitters.
- Strengthening exercises to improve muscle function, and stabilize joints during daily activities.
- Neuromuscular Re-education to improve control of movements during daily activities, improve balance, and reduce the risk of falls.
- Balance training to improve mobility and confidence, and reduce the risk of falls.
- Gait training to improve mobility, balance, participation in activities, improve access to the community, and reduce the risk of falls.
- Assistive device and orthotic prescription to improve walking and balance.
- Modalities such as ultrasound and extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) reduce pain and inflammation.
- Graded motor imaging and mirror therapy to address complex pain symptoms from conditions including complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS).
How do I schedule an appointment for physical therapy?
We require a referral from a Physician, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician’s Assistant prior to scheduling. Please contact the New Patient Coordinator at 404-603-4203 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide your referral and to inquire about scheduling an appointment.