Chris Nesbitt, MPT
Chris Nesbitt, MPT is the Physical Therapist for the Shepherd Spine and Pain Institute.
Chris Nesbitt, MPT is the Physical Therapist for the Shepherd Spine and Pain Institute. Prior to joining the Pain Institute, he worked as a staff physical therapist at Northside Hospital in Atlanta. He has also worked with the Rehabilitation Research and Development Center at the Veteran's Affairs Medical Center in Atlanta and has served as a resident chaplain at Emory University Hospital.
Chris received his undergraduate degree from Wofford College in Spartanburg, S.C., and his master's degree in physical therapy from the Medical College of Georgia. He is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association and has served on the Board of Directors for the Physical Therapy Association of Georgia. He is currently working toward a doctorate in physical therapy and specialty certification in manual therapy with the University of St. Augustine.
Physical therapy services provided at the Shepherd Spine and Pain Institute include:
- Manual therapy-oriented orthopedic physical therapy for chronic pain patients
- Active participation by the patient required
- 1:1 care between patient and therapist
- Close coordination of care with the SPI physicians and SPI pain psychologist
- Physical therapy immediately after interventional pain procedures
- Physical therapy for chronic pain patients with spinal cord injuries